Monday, December 28, 2015

12/28/2015: "No! You stay where it's warm!"

Today we've gotten the second snowfall of the season.  This one is nasty - snow mixed with icy rain.  The house was pelted all day long.  It has finally calmed down, so around 8:30 this evening Steve started changing clothes to clear the driveway and our very long sidewalk.  Here is what I dared to capture, stepping outside extremely briefly in my bare feet:


Yes, Mom, I know I shouldn't go outside without shoes in the middle of winter.  I was out there less than 30 seconds.

Any cat lover knows that cats are drawn to change.  Clear off a bookcase's shelf, and the cat will jump on the empty shelf.  Move the bookcase, and the cat will sit in the empty spot.  Put a closed box or bin in the middle of the floor, and the cat will jump on it.  An open box or bin is even better - the cat will jump in it.  Put a sweater on a bed, and that's the only place the cat wants to sleep.  If you've cleared off your desk but have just one pile of papers left, that's where the cat lies down.

Clinchfield is no exception.  Steve put on his long underwear and flung his jeans out to put on, and Clinch instantly noticed the change and took action:

"Don't go outside!  It's cold and yucky out there!"

"Mama, keep Papa inside!"

Clinch wouldn't budge, so Steve had to pull the jeans off of the floor so he could get dressed.

Now poor Steve is outside shoveling.  He tried using the snowblower, but it didn't sound like it was going too well.  There must be too much ice.  I hope it doesn't start snowing again!

2 comments:

  1. Clinchfield is wise beyond his years. There's NOTHING worth going out in the snow for. Listen to him.

    I, too, have a Pixel, named for Minecraft. Now I have to read Heinlein, too. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!

      "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" is one of Heinlein's "World as Myth" books, and I have to admit I haven't read that one yet. I've read about half of those books so far. They aren't a series, as such, but since elements of the same universe flow through all of the books, you might not "get" everything if you go out of order. There's a flowchart online, but I don't agree with it. I started reading following that chart, then later books mentioned things that were in books I had already read. They're good books - a little tech-heavy at times, but the characters and stories are good. That is, as long as you don't mind sexual openness. :) If you're interested, I can send you *my* recommended reading order list (after I refresh my memory on what I thought it should be). If you have a Kindle (or, at least, a way to read Kindle books and an Amazon account), we could see if I can lend you my books. I think there's a way.

      I'm starting to sound like a stalker, so I'll quit now and go read your blog. :) Wait, that's stalker behavior, too. Oops!

      Thanks again!

      Delete