Thursday, December 31, 2015

12/31/2015: Elf OFF the Shelf!

Remember that dancing elf that Clinch loves to play with?  If not, check out my Christmas post for pictures and a few videos then come back here.  I'll wait...
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne
All caught up?  Great!

I thought I'd get some work done before tonight's festivities (well, before the nap before the festivities).  I need to retake pictures from some free instructions on my jewelry/crafts blog to put into a regular document.  I'm going to demo the technique soon and want to print it out without using all of my cyan ink.

I got everything ready, turned my task lights on, which caused the elf to dance, and his "click click click" drove Clinch inexorably to my desk, right on top of my work surface:

"I've been here the whole time."

"Why do you sigh?"

Steve was able to get him off of my desk by calling him, but he came right back to play with the elf:

The elf looks at the kitten askance

Steve suggested I move the elf to the windowsill in the dining room.  He didn't stay there long:


Let's try that again:


Third time's a charm?


How about #4:

Nope.

Despairing, I cried out, "He's too fast for me to take a picture!"  Steve recommended I shoot a video instead.  That worked much better.  I used my camera this time instead of my phone, so you shouldn't have to turn the sound up (although you may miss what Steve says at the end):


After I took the elf away for good, Clinch ran around the house chasing a milk jug ring like a lunatic. I threw it off of my desk, and he brought it back (he's a good fetcher!) at high speed, pushing things around on my desk.

He has finally tired himself out and is napping somewhere, and he's tired me out, too.  It would seem that the instructions will not get finished today.

Happy New Year!  Be safe and come back in 2016 for more of Clinchfield's antics!


No comments:

Post a Comment